Sunday, June 28, 2009

Welcome!

Hello everyone (or most likely no one at this point). I'm starting this blog as a way to record my day to day life, mostly mundane stuff, and to share my life with my widespread friends and family. Mostly, I expect this blog to be a record of my crafting exploits (Stitches) as well as my work life (that's the SNPs part). The idea for this blog struck me because my crafting output has increased recently thanks to the knitting circle started by my friend Johanna and I wanted to show off my recent work. I have usually tended to make gifts more than things for myself, but I am trying to make more for me recently. This is my mom using the bagsket I made for her to store all her knitting supplies. She seemed like the appropriate way to start off the blog since she taught me to knit.


She also taught me to make this sweater which she learned to make from her mom (I added the tattoo motif). The pattern on the front was inspired by this pattern for a winged heart tattoo pillow from Jujube & Lolo. This one went off to some friends of mine in the great white north to keep their little guy warm come the winter - which as I understand is late August in Canada.



Other than that, I've been working away in a nearly empty department hoping to finish my dissertation in the next 14 months. I did get to run a project for a high school girls' summer camp where I taught them to extract DNA from wheat germ using only household chemicals. It's really pretty cool and the students were really into it. Okay, that's all for now. Back soon!

1 comment:

  1. OK, that sweater? Awesome. And if you're not on Ravelry yet, you should be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis