Thursday, August 18, 2011

Feeding Friendship: White Beans with Rosemary and Mushrooms



When Sarah picked rosemary as the theme ingredient, I thought, "Yay! I love rosemary."  But really, I don't cook with it as much as I should.  Two of my favorite flavors with rosemary are mushrooms and white beans, but that combination seemed a little to heavy for summer time.  So I lightened them up with some caramelized tomatoes.



I highly recommend roasting the tomatoes and making the stock ahead of time so that you can put together a quick week night dinner.  You could certainly use a store-bought chicken or veggie stock, but I save the tough bits of vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, and mushrooms as well as chicken trimmings for making stocks.



So that's it.  Roast about 3 pints of different colored small tomatoes with about 20 crimini mushroom cut in quarters.  Add to 4 cups stalk along with one caramelized onion, 1 can of cannelini beans,  4 cloves of garlic and about 4 sprigs of fresh chopped rosemary and simmer for as long as it takes to make cornbread.  Dinners ready!

Feeling thirsty?  Here is a bonus rosemary recipe: Boozy Watermelon Rosemary Lemonade  It's particularly good with a splash of club soda and served up alongside fig and prosciutto pizza with rosemary and caramelized onions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis