Monday, June 29, 2009

The fireflies blink faster here.

Does anyone else ever feel like most of their surreal experiences happen out in nature? Like we're so used to seeing the world through technology that the natural world seems artificial. Geoff and I went on a long walk after dinner tonight. It was late, about 9:30 when we took off and the last light was disappearing beyond the mountains and as my eyes strained to see the path, it seemed like the world was somehow low resolution. As we walked through a grove of evergreens, hundreds of fireflies (flashing quicker than in Kansas, evidently the speed and pattern is species-specific) were strobing in the trees like LED Christmas lights. So there you go, I'm so used to my world being analog/digital, wifi, and all the rest that I can't conceive of the world on its own terms. Goodnight my four new followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis