Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Young Minds and Buttons

Today was my first day of class. I have 35 students enrolled (in a room with 30 seats), but only 31 showed up. The first day was good, they laughed at my jokes and no one fell asleep - I call that a success. I almost always lecture on the first day because I hate it when professors make you come to class just so you can pick up your syllabus and then leave again. Plus, there are only 30 days of lecture in the summer so losing even one is a loss. What this means is that the there will likely be less crafting in the future, but for now, there are buttons!!!

Last night I made some buttons. Well, I didn't make them but I redecorated them. A couple days ago I finished knitting the fidget which is a cute little neck warmer which buttons, unlike a scarf which flies open in the bitter cold wind that is coming for me in just a few short months (I'm blocking it out but at the same time preparing for it by knitting). I started it sometime last fall, but put it aside because, like other scarves, it gets really repetitive, but I finished it and I love it. I didn't want to buy new buttons for it (I'm trying to use up all the craft supplies I have, not acquire new ones!) but all the buttons I have are ugly.

These boring buttons, tissue paper, and Modge Podge (my new favorite craft tool) were all things I already had:


So I used the Modge Podge to glue down and then seal the button 5 or 6 times. And here are the results:


I'm pretty excited about it. This is what the Fidget looks like on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis