Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Laissez les bons temps rouler


As a great lover of pancakes, I like the Lutheran tradition of a tall stack of flapjacks for Shrove Tuesday.  But imported Louisiana gumbo, zydaco music, and a Tuesday evening spent with friends is even better.


Even though I knew there was another king cake coming, I couldn't resist making these king cake cupcakes.  I think they should have been baked at a lower temperature and for less time, but the end result tasted a lot like the store-bought version.  I remembered for the third or fourth time that I don't really like most king cakes that much.  But don't worry, I have a plan for next year...


Geoff found the baby in the (store-bought) king cake which means he has to bring one next year.  I'm hoping he'll let me make it - I'm already plotting a king cake based on a cinnamon-roll with a cream cheese filling.  Perhaps not the most traditional version; but as long as it has plenty of butter, I figure it remains Fat Tuesday appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis