Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Little Green Dress Will Take You Everywhere

I have a little black dress, but I rarely wear it.  It would look unbelievably chic with pearls and a scarf - but most of the time chic just isn't my style.  So the weekend before Geoff and I drove to Houston to meet up with my family for my cousin's wedding, I decided I should make myself a fun new green dress.  A quick trip to Joann's (coupon in hand, of course), and I had all the fabric I needed.  Despite 43 steps, 22 pattern pieces, and hand-stitching the lining in the hotel room the night before, I ended up with a dress I'm really happy with!



I picked a stiffer, slightly shiny fabric for the dress to give it a more structural look.  I am really pleased with the results and now that I see how the dress comes together, I could make another fairly quickly.  I bought some crazy multicolored fabric with a nice drape that I want to use for a more casual dress.  This pattern has a variation with cap sleeves and pockets that I think would be adorable - keep an eye out!


Geoff and Ellen, photo crashers.


Congratulations, Courtney and Jon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis