Monday, May 30, 2011

May Baking Challenge: Cheese Souffle


Would we be afraid of souffles if no one ever told us to be?  I found it to be pretty easy to make - although they will fall if you don't eat them within about 10 minutes. There are only a few basic ingredients and the individual size cooks in 10 minutes. I chose this recipe because it said that the extras could be frozen and then cooked as needed. I like Gruyère, but I wanted a more assertive cheese for the souffle.  The options at Central Market were overwhelming to say the least and I ended up with a 6-year old cheddar because it was "Amy's pick."  It was good, but I couldn't shake the feeling that that I was eating really fluffy scrambled eggs with cheese.  Next time, I think goat cheese and chives would be good.  But first we have to eat the other six that are in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis