Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Long Weekend in Dallas


Sorry I've been quiet around here lately, I've been traveling!  Two weeks ago, we met my parents in Dallas for a long weekend.


We went to the JFK museum, but the real draw was the temporary Chihuly exhibit at the Dallas Arboretum.  


Dale Chihuly is an amazingly talented glass artist whose work my family has enjoyed for quite a while.  I've seen several of his large-scale works indoors but this was totally new environment and the first time I've seen so many works in one location.


Some of my favorites were positioned in water, this grouping made me think of Venetian Carnival boats (or what I imagine those are like). 


The glass works have a wonderfully organic feel and the color pops like flowers against the drab colors of Texas in August.  I really can't say anything better than what you can see in this small selection of the 200 photos I took.


If you live near or are visiting Dallas before November 5, check it out!  Admission is only $5 during August, but go early because it is HOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis