Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Watermelon Trivets


I saw the pattern for Purl Bee's Fruity Trivets and decided they were so cute that I had to finally learn to crochet.  For some reason, I had it in my head that crochet was going to be difficult to learn and my first few attempts at this pattern bore that out.  I kept ending up with a cone instead of a nice flat piece, until I realized I misread the pattern!  Number 1 way that crochet is like knitting.

The second way is that proper tension is key.  I started with this mini-version of the trivet so that I could get a feel for the pattern.  The result is a little wonkey due to my tension issues.  Nevertheless, it came out so cute that instead of frogging it to reuse the yarn, I took it to work to use as a mug rug.  I can't wait to finish the full size versions.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis