Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today, in honor of my 27th birthday, I've decided to share with you my list of 28 Things to Do before I'm 28!

1. Pass my Dissertation Defense
2. Find a Post-Doc Position
3. Make a Dress for Myself that I love and wear
4. Get back in my 18 year old Shape
5. Publish all the work I did in Graduate School
6. Learn to Crochet
7. Run a 10k race
8. Bake 2 loaves of Bread a Month
9. Learn to Can/Make Marmalade
10. Improve my Photography Skills
11. Take a Statistics Class to Improve my Stats Skills
12. Take Two Weekend Trips with Geoff
13. Volunteer monthly
14. Reorganize and purge books, craft supplies, and clothes
15. Repurpose clothes and Housewares from Thrift Stores
16. Learn to Draw
17. Learn About Wine (But Don't be a Snob)
18. Cook More Seafood


You'll notice that there are only 18 things on the list right now. This is in part because I ran out of ideas, and in part because I wanted some help thinking of more goals! So if anyone has recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

You'll notice that I included a variety of professional, creative, cooking, and fitness goals so I'm open to pretty much anything. On the 15th of every month, I'll be taking stock of my progress on my goals.

(Oh, and, yes, it has been pointed out to me that this is a dangerous precedent to set because the number of goals goes up each year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis