Saturday, June 4, 2011

May Flowers


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils.


In my junior year of AP English with Judy Goodpasture, we had to memorize bits of all sorts of poems.  As a result, the first verse of this William Wordsworth poem is permanently etched in my brain alongside snippets of the prologue to the Canterbury Tales (Whan that aprill with his shoures soote; The droghte of march hath perced to the roote).  


Why am I telling you this?  (Other than to demonstrate what an awesome Jeopardy contestant I would be.)  Because I've been suffering from bloom envy lately.  All over my neighborhood, yards are bursting with flowers. Some in perfectly contained rows. Others looking almost as if they grew up there all on their own.  


So I decided to make some daffodils of my own to brighten up our house. These are made of felt following this tutorial.  They came together quite quickly while we watched a movie. There is something so very happy about daffodils - and these never need to be watered!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis