Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Slippers Just in Time


Just in time for 80 degree weather!  Seriously, it's already getting up into the 80s on a regular basis around here.  Nevertheless, I wanted some nice, cushioned house shoes that were not as warm as my beloved alpaca socks.  I had some leftover feltable wool yarn in chocolate brown, avocado, and red so I adapted my slippers from these short-row shaped slippers I found on ravelry. I looked at a LOT of slipper patterns and this was my favorite.  The directions are a bit confusing at first, but as you work through the pattern, it will start to make sense.  If you are interested in the detailed alterations I did, they are here.


Felting projects always make me nervous because you really don't know exactly how they are going to end up.  Now this is partly because I refuse to make and felt swatches, but also because felting things that are supposed to fit is hard (it's totally not just me).  The original pattern was for slippers about 5 sizes too small for me, but I over-compensated and ended up with roomy slippers.  Luckily, I had an extra pair of insoles.  Now they fit and are extra cushiony - perfect for long afternoons in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis